Hello Friends, Welcome to my blog where I would love to share my passion of cooking with everyone. Suma

Friday, March 29, 2013

Bamboo rice

Me and my husband went to Arunachal Pradesh, where happened to be guest of a tribal
family for dinner and lunch. I would like to share the dishes we had. Here they prepared
short grained rice in bamboo.
Short grained rice 1kg,washed and soaked for 3hours.Drain the rice, sprinkle salt to taste.
pic 2
Fill the bamboo cuttings with the rice ,cover top side with stewed banana leaf bit, cook
it on open fire. When the bamboo turned black in colour ,allow to cool. Cooked rice is
pic 3
kept on the right side of the picture. Cut outer portion with a strong knife, leaving a thin cover.(pic 2)
Remove the outer cover, break rice pieces and serve.(pic 3)Locally they prefer to serve with fish, chicken or pork. The cooked rice is soft, covered with a thin membrane of bamboo casing. Really it's yummy.





No comments:

Post a Comment