Hello Friends, Welcome to my blog where I would love to share my passion of cooking with everyone. Suma

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Cooked assorted tubers(karthika puzhukku)

This is a nostalgic traditional dish prepared on karthika of Vrikchika month of Malayalam calender.
We hail from Paravur of Kollam district.My mom is from Kappil of Trivandrum district.From her
childhood she use to enjoy this simple dish.Karthika was on 28th June.My mom is with me now at
Aluva and I prepared it for my mom.I wish share it .

      This is prepared with all the available tubers like tapioca,dioscorea,coloccasia,amorphophalus,
sweet potato,minor tubers etc.


Here dioscorea(kachil),sweet potato,tapioca,coloccasia(chembu),cheru chembu and cheru kizhangu.
Remove skin of tubers,cut into medium pieces.Boil water in a wok in open fire,add hard tubers first,
followed by others.

When tubers are cooked,add salt to taste,allow to boil,drain the tubers and
transfer into serving tray.
The speciality of the dish is ,colour combination ,also can enjoy different texture of the tubers,sweetness of sweet potato,
softness of tapioca and sweet potato,compactness of colocassia,looseness of dioscorea......
Serve with coconut chutney.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment